Friday 31 December 2010

new Queens, old JFK, new correspondences



Its the end of the year, things have moved on, things have stayed the same, things are the different and they are the same as well.
The festive period is over, the new year is still to come, but I know that it will be great. I am a firm believer in living each day to its fullest, work hard and play hard.
I have chosen to show the aerial view of JFK's funeral as it is one of my favorite images from this year, it captures my idea of the idea of the sublime.
I am planning big ideas for 2011, I have been obsessing over the idea of correspondence, and what this means to us all, the idea of actually writing, not emailing or texting but actually writing; putting pen to paper, to feel the ink flow, the nib pressed into the surface, absolute bliss. Not quite as good as drawing on the soles of your slippers with a Bic Biro when you were a kid, but nearly.
The year ended on a high with the Au + Ag show at Trove in Birmingham, with Justine Moss, the show looked great, glitter, gold, candles. I have also started to think about pushing the Queens further, maybe taking them to Queens, New York, I live in a certain dream world sometimes.

No comments: