Friday 8 October 2010

Glitter and black paint

I have spent the afternoon working with lots of black paint in a darkened room, so why, oh why do I have gold glitter under my fingernails ?
Even if you worked in the most sterile environment in the world I am absolutely convinced there will be a single flake of glitter there, I am also convinced that at the end of world the last thing standing will be a little tower of glitter flakes.
If you open anything with glitter on it, it will get everywhere, you will end up sneezing it.
Going back to the black paint, I was working with students on tonal drawings in a dim and darkened room. I love the idea of blocks of tone on tone building up images with an idea of abstraction. Maybe drawings using blocks of tonal glitter should be my next port of call.

No comments: